• 1967: JOHNNY CASH’s album I Walk The Line was certified gold.
• 1987: The DOLLY PARTON-EMMYLOU HARRIS-LINDA RONSTADT album Trio was certified gold and platinum.
• 1994: GARTH BROOKS held a benefit concert in Los Angeles to raise money for local charities.
• 1998: DEANA CARTER’s album Did I Shave My Legs For This was certified quadruple platinum.
• 2004: It was announced that BROOKS & DUNN’s career album sales had surpassed 25 million.
• 2009: SARA EVANS, a Missouri native, was in St. Louis to sing God Bless America during the seventh inning stretch of the Major League Baseball All Star Game.
• 2009: LADY ANTEBELLUM scored its first number one single on the country charts with I Run To You.
• 2012: DON WILLIAMS was released from a hospital in Rhinelander, Wisconsin, where he’d been treated for a perforated ulcer.
JAMEY JOHNSON is 39.
COUNTRY MUSIC NEWS
It’s been a bit of a disaster, but it looks like the saga surrounding the cancelled GARTH BROOKS concerts in Dublin, may be getting sorted out today (Monday). Garth had planned to play five gigs at Croke Park but was banned by alleged concerns from nearby residents that the noise would be too much. He was offered to do three evening shows and two matinees, but rejected the solution.
… Now it’s claimed that up to 40% of those who live in the area had absolutely no idea that Garth was coming to town, and had objections made in their name without their knowledge or consent.
… A local politician (Alan Kelly) is trying to come up with a solution. Failing a resolution to the Garth concert crisis, ticket refunds are set to automatically begin on Tuesday.
Today is day we learn what cities will be on GARTH BROOKS’ world tour, and the guy who will find out first is Georgia janitorial services owner Andy Roberts. It won’t take long for the tour schedule to go global, but if you have to be the first to see it then keep refreshing tfm-usa.com today.
CARRIE UNDERWOOD’s performance in NBC’s The Sound of Music has helped the production earn four Emmy Award nominations. The Emmy Awards will air August 25.
The Country Kicker Stampede has already announced BLAKE SHELTON will headline its June, 2015 event. This year’s event included performances by LUKE BRYAN, CHRIS YOUNG, LEE BRICE and others.
ASHLEY MONROE has canceled all tour dates for the next week to rerun to Nashville and battle a serious kidney infection. Her next show is set for July 18 in Cincinnati.
JAKE OWEN performs his number one song Beachin’ this morning (Monday) on The Today Show.
LEANN RIMES will release the first in a series of three albums, One Christmas Volume 1, later this year. The next two volumes will be released in 2015 and 2016 respectively. The sets are six song EPs and will coincide with her One Christmas Tour, which she’ll begin in early December.
CRAIG MORGAN will become the new celebrity spokesman for The Spirit of Blue Foundation. His performance at the Grand Ole Opry August 19 will be his first chance to help honor the foundation for police officers when he takes part in an event honoring law enforcement workers. Craig is expected to appear in public service announcements.
DOLLY PARTON says once her Blue Smoke Tour wraps, she has no immediate plans to tour again for a good while. Instead, she’ll be focusing on TV and movie roles and a musical about her life that she’s been working on.