COUNTRY DATEBOOK: FEBRUARY 10, 2021
• 1979: EDDIE RABBITT topped the country charts with Every Which Way But Loose.
• 2005: A Ronald Reagan stamp was unveiled during a ceremony at Washington D.C.’s Ronald Reagan Building. LEE GREENWOOD sang the national anthem and God Bless The U.S.A. during the event, while CRYSTAL GAYLE sang God Bless America.
• 2006: GARTH BROOKS and TRISHA YEARWOOD give their first joint interview as a married couple and performed Love Will Always Win during a taping of The Oprah Winfrey Show.
• 2013: AARON TIPPIN played a free Valentine’s For Veterans concert in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
• 2015: A wax figure of TAYLOR SWIFT was unveiled at Madame Tussauds in London. A short time later it was relocated in Orlando.
• 2019: An employee at the Stoney Creek Steakhouse in Nashville called police, reporting that MIRANDA LAMBERT was fighting with another customer.
• 2019: KACEY MUSGRAVES won four trophies during the 61st annual Grammy Awards, including Album of the Year.
• 2020: THOMAS RHETT and wife Lauren Akins welcomed a daughter, Lennon Love Akins.
LIONEL CARTWRIGHT is 61. He scored eight hits on the Billboard Country Singles Chart from 1989-1991, including Leap Of Faith, and Give Me His Last Chance.
DUDE MOWREY is 49.
COUNTRY MUSIC NEWS
GARTH BROOKS is looking ahead to a more hopeful year. During the first post-holiday episode of his Facebook Live show Inside Studio G on Monday night, Garth Brooks shared that his birthday month is off to a pleasant start: He celebrated his 59th on Sunday with his favorite three-layer German chocolate cake made by wife TRISHA YEARWOOD. Garth is also maintaining an optimistic mindset looking at the year ahead, promoting unity and compassion to his fans: “May this be the year that we eventually lose the masks. Let’s make ’21 a more unified year and let’s love one another.”
… Garth and Trisha will host the Valentine’s Day edition of The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Friday.
MICHAEL RAY is sitting down with The Doctors this week. On Friday, Michael will appear on the daytime talk show to discuss the importance of staying healthy in light of the recent passing of his grandfather and uncle due to heart complications. The singer will also discuss how music has helped him stay healthy by serving as a form of therapy.
BLAKE SHELTON is the butt of the joke in that Super Bowl T-Mobile ad starring the country superstar, his fiancée Gwen Stefani and former fellow The Voice coach Adam Levine — but Blake didn’t mind. Blake shared: “When I read the script, I thought it was a great idea. I thought it was so funny. Because people still don’t really understand why she’s with me. And fair enough, right? So I loved being able to spin that out.” • VIDEO
TANYA TUCKER has been hard at work on a new album with artist/writer/producer BRANDI CARLILE. The project will follow Tanya’s previous collaboration with Brandi and SHOOTER JENNINGS, While I’m Livin’, which earned two Grammys in 2020.
KANE BROWN says an album-length project is coming this year. His last project of new music was an EP released in August of last year, Mixtape Vol. 1. Kane says he currently has “a good group of songs together” and that his hit Worship You is probably the only song that will come over from the EP to the new album.
COUNTRY DATEBOOK: FEBRUARY 11, 2021
• 2001: JOHNNY CASH was admitted to Nashville’s Baptist Hospital where he spent eleven days battling pneumonia.
• 2004: TERRI CLARK announced she had turned down an invitation from Playboy to appear nude in the magazine.
• 2008: BILLY RAY CYRUS and his daughter Miley held a Vanity Fair photo shoot with Annie Leibovitz in Los Angeles. He left to catch a plane once his part was completed, and the photos taken afterward — of a barebacked Miley in a blanket — became a source of controversy.
• 2010: TAYLOR SWIFT gave food to possums in a Melbourne, Australia, park. As a result, the Department of Sustainability and Environment issued a statement asking tourists not to feed wild animals.
• 2016: Former American Idol winner SCOTTY MCCREERY returned to the Fox show to perform See You Tonight and the MONTGOMERY GENTRY song Gone with current contestants.
• 2019: GARTH BROOKS practiced fielding at third base and in the outfield as he began a week of spring training with the Pittsburgh Pirates in Bradenton, Florida.
Jon Jones of THE ELI YOUNG BAND is 41.